It’s the perfect way to add some personality and color to your kitchen, as well as protect your counters from spills and splatters. But sometimes, it can be hard to choose between so many different styles, textures, and colors – not to mention installation methods!
So, if you’re in the market for new countertop backsplash options, don’t worry! Here are six tips to help you choose the perfect countertop backsplash for your home.
1) Think About Your Style
Style is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a countertop backsplash. Do you want something that is sleek and modern? Or something that is more rustic and homey? There are endless possibilities when it comes to style, so take some time to really think about what you want. You will be happy with your decision no matter what.
Another thing to keep in mind is how much work your kitchen already has going on in it. If you have a ton of appliances or cabinets and drawers taking up all the space on your counters, then maybe a stainless steel backsplash would be best since they don’t require any extra care or upkeep!
If you don’t want anything too fancy, then stick with tiles made from natural materials like stone or marble. They’re durable and look great!
2) The Right Material for You
When it comes to choosing a countertop backsplash, the options are endless. But not all materials are created equal—some are more durable than others, some require more maintenance, and some simply don’t fit your style. So how do you choose the right material for you? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Consider your lifestyle: If you’re someone who loves to cook, you’ll want a material that can withstand high temperatures. If you have small children, you’ll want something that’s easy to clean.
- Think about maintenance: Some materials require sealing or regular cleaning, while others are virtually maintenance-free.
- If you have pets, consider their fur: Some materials show scratches better than others (and are easier to clean).
What Do You Love? Finding a balance between what you love and what will work best for your home is key. With so many options out there, it should be pretty easy!
3) Go with a Neutral Color
A countertop backsplash is a great opportunity to introduce some color and personality into your kitchen. But with so many options to choose from, it can be tough to decide what direction to go in. If you’re stuck, consider going with a neutral color. Neutrals are classic and versatile and can be paired with just about any other color. Plus, they’re easy to change out if you ever get tired of them. Here are a few tips for choosing the perfect neutral countertop backsplash.
- Select a textured surface (like Carrara Marble) that will create interest on your countertops.
- Add drama by selecting two different textures (such as marble and limestone).
- Pick natural materials like stone or wood that work well with a traditional style or rustic look.
- Look for something lighter to highlight light tones or something darker for darker tones.
- Consider glass tiles as an alternative: You’ll never have to worry about grout lines again!
4) Consider functionality
Your backsplash is there to protect your walls from spills and splatters, so make sure to choose a material that is easy to clean. If you’re not a fan of cleaning, opt for a material that doesn’t require much upkeep. You should also consider how the backsplash will interact with your countertops. If you have a delicate countertop, choose a backsplash that won’t scratch or damage it.
5) Use It to Elevate the Kitchen
A backsplash is a great way to elevate the look of your kitchen. It can be used to add color, pattern, and texture to your space. Plus, it’s a great way to protect your walls from splashes and spills. Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect backsplash for your kitchen.
- Consider what colors you want in your kitchen. What colors are present in your cabinets? What colors do you want to accentuate? Are there any other design elements that will pop against the backdrop of your backsplash, like bright tile or dark hardwood floors? There are so many options out there, and at this point, you just need to figure out what will work best with your kitchen design.
- Do you have kids or pets? If so, think about the material that would be easiest to clean up messes on.
- Think about how much time you spend cooking each day.
- Do you prefer more natural materials like wood or stone?
- How much money do you want to spend on a backsplash?
- Does size matter when choosing your countertop backsplash?
6) Get Creative!
When it comes to choosing a countertop backsplash, the sky’s the limit! There are so many materials, colors, and textures to choose from. Get creative and have fun with it! Here are a few tips to help you get started -Paint your kitchen cabinets before installing your backsplash. Paint gives the illusion of open space while providing contrast and color against all that tile or stone. You can also paint your appliances and other furniture like dressers or nightstands if they happen to be in your kitchen.
- Get Inspired!: A great way to find inspiration is by looking at photos of kitchens in magazines, on Pinterest, or on social media sites like Houzz and Instagram.
- Think Outside the Box: Once you start looking at examples of different types of countertops, you’ll probably notice some themes start emerging–stone goes well with dark cabinetry, porcelain tile would work well against white cabinetry, etc.
Now that you know all about countertop backsplashes, it’s time to choose the perfect one for your kitchen! Keep these six tips in mind, and you’ll be sure to find a backsplash that fits your style and budget. Thanks for reading!